Is this your child’s first time to the theater? Here are a few tips for an enjoyable experience for you and your whole family!
Week of the show
Tip 1: Start the conversation early
You are giving your child a great learning opportunity! Help them understand your expectations for their behavior in the theatre before the excitement sets in.
- What do you think going to the theatre is like?
- How is seeing a musical different from going to the movies?
- What should we do when a song or dance is finished?
- What does being respectful mean?
Act it out:
- Can you show me what it looks like to sit in the theatre?
- Show me what it look like to get out all of your giggles and energy before we get to our seats!
- Pretend you have a question during the performance! What should you do?