Do you remember your tongue twister warm ups and have your high school jazz shoes in a closet, “just in case”? Welcome, former theater kid (FTK). This may sound familiar.
- “I’ll be down in five minutes!”
FTK: “Thank you, five!”
- “Sorry I’m late, I just-“
FTK: “To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late and to be late is unacceptable!”
- “Hey, I thought the invite said wear something colorful?”
FTK: “Yeah, but half my clothes are black…”
- “What’s that song you keep singing?
FTK: “Hmm? Oh, I didn’t know I was singing.”
- “You don’t think you’re being a tad dramatic?
FTK: “It’s not my fault I was born for the stage.”
- “What’s your favorite show?”
FTK: “How do you expect me to choose?!”
- “Can you believe Awards Season is almost here? I never know which shows are worth watching.”
FTK: “Solution: I’m having a Tony Award viewing party and you should come!”
- “Okay, our performer is stuck in traffic and we have no backup. What do we do?!”
FTK: “I knew this day would come…. hand me the mic, I’ve got this.”
- “Hey, I saw The Music Man play this weekend. Have you seen it?”
FTK: “Stop right there. You saw a MUSICAL, not a PLAY.”
- “Have you heard of that “Frozen” singer Adel Dazeem? Apparently she’s been in other stuff.”
We love you just the way you are, former theater kid.